Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Kern & Tulare Counties (CCCS) is committed to assuring the privacy of individuals and/or families who have contacted us for assistance. We assure you that all information shared both orally and in writing will be managed within legal and ethical considerations. Your "personal financial information", such as your total debt information, income, living expenses and personal information concerning your financial circumstances, will be provided to creditors and, possibly others with your specific authorization.
We may also use aggregated case file information for the purpose of evaluating our services, gathering valuable research information and designing future programs. Your anonymity will be maintained through the use of your client number or by using aggregate data in all circumstances.
In all other situations, your information may be released to appropriate individuals or agencies only upon your written request or when our staff has been served by a valid subpoena.
The following privacy practices detail circumstances under which we will release your information to a third party:
1. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law or by you. We do not sell your information for marketing or any other purpose.
2. We may compile data and aggregate information that you give to us, but this information may not be disclosed in a manner that would personally identify you in any way.
3. We may disclose some or all of the nonpublic information that we collect, as described below, to creditors, or third parties that you have authorized who need this information in order for us to assist you after a counseling session.
4. We may disclose all of the information that we collect, as described below, to creditors and related financial institutions who need this information in order to put you on a debt management program (DMP) or otherwise assist with your financial situation. If you are a homeowner, through its participation in the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program (NFMCP), CCCS must collect nonpublic personal information about you and your financial situation and submit that information to the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) and Neighborworks America (NWA) for purposes of administering the program.
5. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
6. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
· Information we received from you on our applications or other forms you provide:
· Information about your transactions with us, your creditors, or others; and
· Information we receive from a credit reporting agency.
7. We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you to
NFCC, NWA, or their administrators, subsidiaries, program monitors and agents to the
extent that it is a requirement of participation in the NFMCP foreclosure prevention
counseling AND to creditors and related financial institutions who need this information
in order to put you on a DMP:
· Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
· Information about your transactions with us, your creditors, or others, such as your account balance, payment history, account numbers, parties to transactions and credit card usage; and
· Information we receive from a credit reporting agency, such as your credit history.
RIGHT to OPT_OUT
· You have the right to opt-out or prevent us from making disclosures of your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties such as your creditors or other parties we feel would be helpful to you in counseling or setting up a DMP. However, if you choose to opt-out, we will not be able to answer questions from your creditors or put you on a debt-repayment program, as such information is needed by your creditors to administer such a program. To opt-out, please contact us at 661-324-9628.
· You have the right to opt-out or prevent us from making disclosure of your Personal Information to the NFCC, NWA, or their administrators, subsidiaries, program monitors, and agents; however, opting-out will terminate the NFMCP foreclosure mitigation counseling services because CCCS cannot provide these services to you without disclosing your Personal Information. To opt-out, please contact us at 661-324-9628.